Current organizations underperform due to silo thinking. Leaders and managers must acquire a whole-system perspective. This book provides the overview, knowledge and tools to create a practical shift to a systemic organization for 21st century management. The “Theory of everything” for management; an evolved and more scientific Fifth Discipline plus field book for contemporary managers.
Complexity Management for building
Quality, Involvement, and Flow
Systemic organizational change with the Decalogue Management Methodology
(Blending Best Practices of W. Edwards Deming & Theory of Constraints)
Everything is connected
A method for shifting towards a systems view and practice to promote sustainable network wealth
Education-based consultancy on managing variation and constraints and the Network of Projects approach to management
Access free articles and resources for a systemic approach to management
Discovering extra capacity through your constraint
Managing complexity can create anxiety because complexity suggests a lack of control. Managing an organization around a constraint and managing variation allows control over the entire organization through radically heightened focus.
Simply by introducing Drum, Buffer, Rope from the Theory of Constraints, identifying a physical constraint and subordinating to that constraint, an organization will gain at least 30% capacity without added investments. This alone is a huge result.
The traditional, non-systemic approach is to demand maximum “efficiency” from all parts of an organization and production process, whereas our systemic approach, combining Deming with the Theory of Constraints, only requires maximum efficiency from the constraint and therefore:
- avoids accumulation of work in progress between the various production phases
- shortens lead time
- frees up capital
- synchronizes production with the market
- makes evident where redundancies in activities exist and where processes can be improved
- increases the flow of throughput
- enables systemic and systematic approach to Sales and Marketing to increase sales and market penetration
- allows more effective organizational design
- improves Quality
- increases Involvement through well-thought-through processes and relationships
- increases Flow, including generation of cash
Purchased in 24 countries so far!
Our fast-paced, informative business novel
‘The Human Constraint’
a book about personal and business transformation
“I think the book is brilliantly written, much more engaging than the Goldratt books. It sort of captivates one with a sense of wanting to see what’s going to happen next.” GENE BELLINGER, SYSTEMS THINKING WORLD
- A fast paced story with online extra material
- Theory of Constraints and Deming’s management approach
- Over 90 pages of resources in online Knowledge Base
find out more
Our management books
Our books on how to implement systemic management based on Deming and the Theory of Constraints.